Thursday 3 October 2013

Have I got the right mindset to be a suitcase entrepreneur?

I’ve travelled solo a number of times, relocated to new cities, and even left my family, friends and partner behind to study in France for a year back in 2002. And despite flood of tears and pangs of intense loneliness at times, I’ve had some amazing experiences and met some awesome people along the way. I’ve already road tested some of my capabilities and know some of my limits – both physically and mentally.
But I’ve never run my own business, I don’t know what I’m capable of, or at works for me, how good I would be at winning new clients, or at charging them for the work I do. I’m no stranger to being out of my comfort zone but do I have the guts, perseverance, self belief, determination and bundles of energy required to become an entrepreneur? Can I create innovative products and services that make an impact and help others?
Apparently step 1 to answering yes to these questions is to create a freedom based mindset by visualising my dream lifestyle. Not only can I see it I can feel it, smell it, taste it, hear it. I feel a calmness, peaceful relaxing surroundings, listening to waves lapping on the shore, and a gentle breeze rustle the leaves of palm trees, I feel the gentle rays of sun on my skin, smell the sultry smells of coconut, salty air and wet sand. I can totally see myself armed only with my laptop and internet connection free to choose where I want to work from next. 
So that’s great, but now how do I stop procrastinating and overcome my fears and self doubt in order to realise that lifestyle?
How about some positive affirmations:

These make me feel more confident in my capabilities, and in answering the Day 2 Blog Challenge Question If you woke up tomorrow and were free to do anything you wanted with your life, what would you do and who would you be?” I discover that the old me definitely had the guts, passion and perseverance to make her dreams come true. 
The 30 Day Blog Challenge is run by Natalie Sisson, The Suitcase Entrepreneur. Join in and discover how to create freedom and adventure in life and business through location independence. Plus – enter to win prizes – including a $500 blog coaching session with Natalie!
If you’re following the challenge please drop by and say hello J Leave a link to your blog and I’ll be sure to check it out!     






If you enjoyed this post you might like to read